With warm days of summer upon us, it’s that time of the year when keeping cool can be a bit of a challenge, especially for women experiencing menopausal symptoms. However, here some refreshing lifestyle tips to help you stay cool naturally, but more importantly, be comfortable this summer.
- Rise and shine: Wake up early to enjoy cooler temperatures of the early morning. It’s a wonderful way to start your day on a fresh note and get some exercise in before the temperature rises.
- Hydration Is Key: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Add some fresh fruits, mint, or cucumber to your water for a summery twist that’s both refreshing and cooling.
- Keep Cool with Promensil Cooling Spray: Our Cooling Spray is your secret weapon for instant relief from the discomfort of hot flushes and night sweats, through its rapid evaporation technology, drawing heat away from the skin. With a combination of ethanol, menthol, and peppermint oil, it’s a handy solution that you can easily carry in your bag wherever you go. So, whether you’re at home, at work, or enjoying a day at the beach, one spritz and you’ll feel instantly refreshed!
- Breathe Deeply: Practice deep, slow-breathing exercises as they can help cool the body down and aid in reducing the frequency of hot flushes.
- Summer-friendly Diet: Include water-rich foods in your diet such as cucumber, watermelon, and oranges. These are not only hydrating but also help to cool the body down.
- Swim the Heat Away: Swimming is not only a fun activity to beat the heat but also a great low-impact exercise that can help alleviate menopausal symptoms.
- Temperature-regulated Showers: When experiencing hot flushes, alternating between hot and cold showers can help regulate your body temperature. Start with a warm shower to open the pores, then switch to a cooler temperature to help calm your body and reduce the severity of hot flushes.
- Embrace the Shade: Limit direct sun exposure during peak hours (10 am to 4 pm) when the sun rays are the strongest. Opt for shady spots when spending time outdoors.
- Beat the Hot Flush Heat: Hot flushes can be unbearable at any time, but particularly during summer when the weather is extra hot. Our Promensil Double Strength Tablets are a great way to self-manage your menopause and help control symptoms such as hot flushes and night sweats†. Our standardised red clover isoflavones naturally mimic the action of oestrogen to help balance see-sawing hormones so you can stay calm and enjoy the summer sunshine.
†Lipovac M et al. Gynecological Endocrinology, (2011) Study conducted on women, using Promensil Double Strength. Claim reference 4146 for Trifolium pratense (Red clover).